Tuesday, June 4, 2024

A Little About Me and My Governors School Experience


A Little About Me and My Governors School Experience

The sciences provide a world of possibilities for any interest, including emerging fields with little current knowhow. The Governors School for the Sciences and Engineering, otherwise known as GSSE, gives opportunities for the sciences to be discovered: materials science, math, physics, chemistry, biology, industrial systems, and general STEM topics. Despite these amazing opportunities, I was also drawn to the beautiful campus it is on, and the various labs to be explored. I have the privilege of studying the materials science course here, which correlates to my interest in nuclear technologies! Outside of my appreciation for the sciences, I am also an athlete on the wrestling team and a cadet in my high school's JROTC program. These activities take up most of my free time, but I also enjoy going out with friends and indulging in video games.

Me (middle) and my fellow captains (sides) at one of my JROTC Drill Meets



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coal versus Nuclear: Why You Shouldn’t Be Scared of Nuclear Power

Is nuclear energy safe? When considering clean sources of energy in comparison to coal, most people gravitate towards solar, wind, and hydro...