Monday, June 10, 2024

June 10: 3D Printing

 3D Printing and Design

My final design

Using Tinkercad to Create a Model that will be 3D Printed

Before today, I had almost no experience in 3D modeling and design other than watching my brother do it at home. Due to my inexperience, I chose to use Tinkercad to learn the basics of manipulating 3D models for my printing project. For my project, I decided to make a star-shaped keychain with my first initial (J) on it. I chose this because it is a basic design, but also requires all of the skills that I learned today. 

By using Tinkercad, I learned how to measure models in the workspace and view how large they would print. I also learned how to properly embed text into a design so that the words come out in the desired clarity. For the keychain's hole, I learned how to create hollow shapes in order to make indents in my design, which also helped in creating my text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coal versus Nuclear: Why You Shouldn’t Be Scared of Nuclear Power

Is nuclear energy safe? When considering clean sources of energy in comparison to coal, most people gravitate towards solar, wind, and hydro...